By: Majestic Event Planning
Photo by: Jenee Cook Photography
Planner: Majestic Event Planning
The COVID 19 Pandemic has affected everyone, especially those in the wedding industry. Our hearts go out to all the couples who had to reschedule or cancel their weddings.
We have some helpful tips for those couples who are planning their weddings
1. Vendors: Book your must have vendors. Make deposits to make sure you become their priority and support them by making your regular payments. Review your contracts in case you have to postpone your event. Ask your vendors questions and stay in contact with them.
2. Honeymoon: Plan to have your honeymoon in 2021. Contact your local travel agent and start planning your vacation with them. It might be cheaper to purchase flight and cruise tickets through your travel agent now. This will also help companies get some income and at the same time you are saving money booking your trip.
3. Mental Health: It is crucial to focus on your mental health. We know everyone is stressed, full of fear, overwhelmed and anxious. We don't know what is going to happen but as a society we need to remain cool, calm and collected. We all need to keep a positive attitude and stay diligent. We recommend all the couples getting married in June or later this year to take some time off from planning. It's important to find a way to distract yourselves from what is happening in the world right now! Pick up a new hobby or perhaps a hobby that was forgotten; read the book you have been wanting to read since last year, work out at home by doing yoga or a simple zumba dance and play with your pets. Make sure you are making time to pray or meditate. We encourage you to stay informed but don't let the news and social media take over! Watch the news once or twice a day and then walk away from it.
4. Website/Wedding Registry: If you haven't made a wedding website/registry, now is a good time to do so since you will be at home. If you have already created a website, use this time to update it and keep all of your guests informed of any changes that may be occurring.
5. Stationery: We recommend holding off on ordering any stationery, especially anything that has a printed date or anything else that may have to change. This includes items such as:
Save the dates
You can still pick out your design if you are working with a vendor or if you are using a website you can certainly work on the design but don't purchase just yet.
You can always reach out to us if you have any questions!
Don't forget to wash your hands, don't touch tour face and stay home if you can! We will get through this together.